Natural skincare doesn't need to cost the earth or take ages to prepare.
This simple hydrating clay mask combines three ingredients and can be tailored to suit your skin needs.
Green Clay: I used Green Clay (partly because it was all I had in the cupboard) and because it is extremely useful for absorbing toxins. It also softens the skin and tightens pores.
Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in antioxidants (particularly vitamin E), making it useful to protect the skin against the effects of pollution. I used almond oil as my skin has a tendency to be dry and this oil is great for helping the skin retain moisture. If you have oily or combination skin, you could try using rosehip seed oil or avocado oil instead.
Ground Rice: Ground rice is a natural exfoliator. You could also try using ground almonds or rosehip shells.
Method (for one application)
- Combine 1 tablespoon of Green Clay and 1 teaspoon of the ground rice
- Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil and mix
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of water to create a paste. Add 1/2 teaspoon of water as needed until you get a smooth paste
- Gently massage the mixture onto the face in a circular motion
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Pat the skin with a clean paper towel, muslin cloth or facial towel
- Massage a cream or oil of your choice into the skin while it is still slightly damp to allow for better absorption
Take the time to give yourself a good facial massage at least three times a week.
Massaging your face can help with lymphatic drainage and improves the circulation to leave you with glowing skin.