Rosemary is one of my favourite herbs and is a great addition to roast potatoes or hearty winter stews.
Rosemary also has many useful medicinal properties - antibacterial, circulatory tonic, anti-depressant and is used to treat conditions from digestive disorders to circulatory issues. The active constituents of the herb are volatile oils (which produces its distinctive aroma) and flavonoids (improve the quality of blood vessel walls).
Rosemary is a popular ingredient in many hair products as it helps to stimulate circulation to the scalp and thereby helps hair growth. This rosemary hair oil is a simple infused oil that can be used as a deep conditioner, or daily hair or beard oil.
- Coconut oil - traditionally used to treat hair loss and has high moisture retaining properties. You can use any oil that suits your hair type.
- Dried rosemary - (you can also use fresh rosemary)
- Place 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2-3 sprigs of rosemary into a bain-marie (double boiler).
- Allow to infuse on a gentle heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the herbs using a mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- Bottle the oil in a dark glass bottle and use as needed.